Have you ever thought of slathering honey on your skin before? No? Me either till one day while researching how to clear up a little skin blemish on my face naturally, I kept noticing honey coming up over and over. Honey?! I've only ever used honey to sweeten my tea so I was intrigued and kept digging further.
Now, I know you want to dig deep into this crazy theory too so to save you hours of your time, I did the heavy lifting for you and wrote down the main benefits of honey for your skin right here. Please give it a read and when you decide to try it for yourself, send us all the amusing photos of you with honey covering your face, please and thank you!
1. Honey has antibacterial, antiseptic properties, and full of antioxidants, so it gives your skin a good deep clean while getting rid of bacteria on your skin. Did you know that a lot of acne is caused by bacteria deep in the skin? You can benefit from honey by using it as a face wash or a mask by slathering it on your skin and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes.
2. Honey is a natural exfoliant which means applying it to your face takes off dry, dull skin and reveals new skin cells underneath. Because of honeys' ability to exfoliate your skin, it has the natural effect of making your skin shine bright like diamonds ( thanks for those lyrics, Rhianna) and get rid of the dullness.
3. It's the perfect all natural hydrating moisturizer. Honey is an excellent humectant which means it helps to lock in moisture and preserve it deep in your skin. Oh and if you pair honey with oatmeal, it is extra awesome for keeping your skin from getting dry. We have a soap bar for that... just saying.
4. All of the probiotics, antioxidants, nutrients and enzymes in honey can help to reduce signs of aging! It's true!
5. Honey speeds up your skin cells healing processes. If you have blemishes or an eczema outbreak, honey could speed healing and reduce inflammation! Honey has been shown to be so effective at healing wounds rapidly that it’s now used by doctors in clinical settings!
We have several honey facial masks available online and in store from one of fav Canadian brands!
Pro Tip: When using honey on your face, make sure to completely rinse it off your face when you're done with the treatment. Use a facecloth with warm water on it and really give your face a good rinse. If you have any honey left over on your face, it can attract junk which can bring bacteria back into your face. You know how sticky honey is, right?
Pro Tip 2: Don't use honey on your face if you have an allergy- I know this seems like a no brainer but hey, worth mentioning!
Your TCGS girls xo